Norman Reedus of 'Walking Dead' on 'LIVE with Kelly and Michael': 5 highlights


Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl Dixon on "The Walking Dead," chatted with hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan on their nationally syndicated talk show "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" on Friday, Feb. 21, and talked about his character's love life, his real-life teenage son and other topics.

The hit AMC zombie series resumed its fourth season earlier this month (check out our RECAP of the latest episode, "Inmates"). Reedus' appearance on "LIVE with Kelly and Michael" marks his second major daytime talk show appearance -- he chatted with the ladies of "The View" in November.
Check out 5 highlights from Norman Reedus' interview on "LIVE with Kelly and Michael."

1. Norman Reedus talks about Daryl Dixon's love life.
Reedus' character has yet to hook up with anyone on "The Walking Dead," while fans have for the past four seasons speculated about potential romances, spurring a flurry of online fan-shipping (pairing characters), especially on Tumblr -- there's people who ship Daryl and Carol ("Caryl" -- and Reedus and actress Melissa McBride, who plays the character, came up with a song about the two), Daryl and Beth ("Bethyl" -- and the two characters are currently separated from the rest of the group on "The Walking Dead") and Daryl and Michonne ("Dixonne"). Reedus himself has joked about pairing Dixon with Glenn, played by Steven Yeun.
On "LIVE with Kelly and Michael," Strahan asked Reedus if Dixon will find romance on "The Walking Dead."
He remained coy, as he usually does, and reiterated another stance he has often maintained in interviews.
"I don't know, you know, I'm very hesitant. I'm not really allowed to tell you," Reedus said. "The thing about that is, I really want to play him sort of- he's not the type of guy that's gonna like, throw you up against the tree in the moonlight. I want him to be awkward as possible, so um, I mean, once that happens, it happens. You can't go backwards. So, I really want the characters to earn that."
"To earn romance," Strahan said.
Ripa said she was surprised people even took time to "make love" during the zombie apocalypse.
"Yeah, and the fact that we don't have showers and stuff like that," Reedus joked.
Strahan added: "I'll tell you right now, if I'm going out, I'm going out like that! Life goes on, baby!"

2. Is Norman Reedus afraid Daryl Dixon will be being killed off "The Walking Dead"?
The actor has often been touted as the resident heartthrob of "The Walking Dead," spurring the T-shirt slogan, "If Daryl dies, we riot." Ripa asked Reedus if he ever gets afraid Dixon will be killed off.
"Every script," Reedus said. "Oh yeah. They've made it very clear that no one's safe on the show but I'd be lying if ... we'd all be lying if we didn't say we got the scripts and thumbed to the end and see if we were alive."

3. Norman Reedus' son scored major coolness points in school because of "The Walking Dead."
Reedus maintains a home in New York City, where his ex, supermodel Helena Christensen lives with their 14-year-old son, Mingus. Ripa asked Reedus if the boy watches "The Walking Dead."
"Yeah, I mean, he used to watch it kinda like this," Reedus said, putting his hands over his eyes.
"That's how I watch it," Ripa joked.
"Sometimes that's how I watch it," Reedus replied.
"I picked him up from school one day and he had this big smile on his face, so I was like, 'What's up with the smile?' And he said, 'Some of the big kids at school said, 'Is your dad Daryl Dixon?' And he was like, 'Yeah.' So he's getting some big kid love," the actor said.

4. How did Norman Reedus get into acting? Indirectly ... love.
Reedus recalled a story he has talked about before about how he moved to Los Angeles for a girl.
"I followed a girl that I had met in Japan to Los Angeles, like a moron," he said, adding that he had lived in the county for a bit with his mother. "I kinda followed her there. She immediately broke up with me, married somebody and went to like, Hawaii or something. And then, I got a job fixing motorcycles at a place called Dr. Carl's Hog Hospital (which closed in 1997) in Venice, California."
"Went to work one day, there was a fight, quit the job," the actor continued. "A friend took me to a party, where I drank too much and yelled at some people and somebody asked me to be in a play.
"So yelling got you discovered," Strahan joked.
"It did, yeah," Reedus said.
"There was a lady from William Morris who was in the audience at the play," he continued. "And I was the understudy -- I wasn't even the main guy -- and then later, she later became a casting director, she actually cast me in 'Boondock Saints.'"
The 1999 action movie, which starred Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery as Irish-American fraternal twins who become vigilantes, became a cult hit (and a favorite staple in male college students' dorm rooms for years following its release) and spurred a 2009 sequel.
Reedus said he was "not really" interested in acting beforehand.
"I've learned a lot while I've been doing it and I've really gotten into it," he said. "But I did a [1997] film called 'Floating,' which was one of my first films and that film sort of opened my eyes to a whole bunch of different stuff. I got into it, yeah."

5. On those fan tattoos ...
Reedus occasionally posted on his Twitter and Instagram pages photos of fans' tattoos of his likeness or even signature. Ripa and Strahan talked about it on the show and Strahan also asked Reedus: "What body parts have you autographed?"
"Um, I've pretty much covered the whole body," Reedus joked.
"Some of the tattoos are, you know, they're complete back," he added. "It's flattering."


Source: ontheredcarpet

No comments:

Post a Comment