Norman Reedus to Try Comedy Next? He Says...


Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) has some pretty funny quips on The Walking Dead every now and then, but we’d hardly call his fan-favorite role a comedic one. After all, there’s only so much humor one can find in the end of the world, right?
In an interview with Refinery29, Norman admitted that he’s generally attracted to characters with darker pasts, but he certainly wouldn't rule out taking on a more comedic role in the future.
“I do play people with troubled pasts; I do look like that sort of person. That being said, I never really get seen in a comedy. I’d be great in a comedy,” he declared. “I might be the only one who thinks I’m funny, but I think I’m kind of funny.”
However, when asked if we should keep an eye out for him in a Will Ferrell-esque slapstick movie, Norman seemed less sure. “I mean, it can be fun. I don’t think it’s really my thing. Just hanging out with those kind of geniuses on set, like that. There is also something about comedians, a sadness. It’s sort of intense sometimes. Those guys are all geniuses. I don’t know if I’d do Dude, Where’s My Car, but working with someone like Will Ferrell? Hell yeah. Or Eastbound and Down? I love that show.”
So it sounds like comedy could be in Norman’s future, so long as it’s not something mindless. With acting chops like his, though, we certainly think he’s earned the right to be a little picky!
Comedy aside, Norman was also asked if there was any role he would never touch. His pragmatic answer is just another reason why we love him.” A part that I wouldn’t play? Maybe something that has just been done to death. I know they are remaking everything now. If someone said, 'Would you like to play Joe Buck from Midnight Cowboy?' I’d be like, 'That’s my all-time favorite movie in the world. But, can you really do it better than Jon Voight did it? Could you even attempt that?' Like thinking of remaking Taxi Driver. Would you ever remake Taxi Driver? I don’t know — I couldn't do that kind of a part.”
We totally agree, a remake isn’t always a good thing and sometimes the classics are better left alone. Yes, Carrie Underwood, we’re looking at you.
“But, as far as a character? No. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do,” the TWD star concluded.
Would you like to see Norman in a comedy in the future? 
Source: wetpaint.com

No comments:

Post a Comment