Norman Reedus Says He's 'Not Very Ass Kicker-ish'

celebuzz's pic
Give Daryl Dixon a walker and he can take him down with one shot. 

But off-screen, Norman Reedus finally met his match – against a new mattress. 

"I chopped the tip of my finger off the other day and I cried like a baby. I'm a complete wimp," the The Walking Dead star told PEOPLE at Saturday's Spike TV's Guys Choice Awards of taking the plastic off his bed. 

"That's not very ass kicker-ish, is it? Listen, you can give a crossbow to anybody and they look bad ass." 

Despite Dixon's loyal, no-nonsense character, Reedus, 45, admits he's not quite as impressive in real life
"I've gotten stitches on the show and real black eyes. I'm more of a klutz to be honest," he says. 

Following the season four cliffhanger, fans are anxiously anticipating the show's return in the fall. But not everyone has stayed loyal throughout the hiatus – including Reedus's 14-year-old son Mingus. 

"I went through his closet with him recently. We were downsizing and thinking what we could get rid of," he says. "He made a huge pile of Daryl Dixon clothes. And I was like, 'Really? You're going to throw them away?' He said, 'Yeah, I'm my own guy now.' " 

Although he may no longer be channeling his dad's character, Mingus is still showing plenty of interest in the hit show. "He wants to be a director now. He watches the show and dissects it – he tells me what I should have done," Reedus shares. 

But the proud father still manages to get in the last laugh. "He has an amp and guitar next to his bed. So I wake him up with crazy loud feedback. I jam out and he looks at me like 'Oh God, Dad, put it down. Not again,' " he jokes, adding he's the "coolest kid I've ever met." 

The Guys Choice Awards air Wednesday at 9 p.m. on Spike TV. 


Source: people.com

No comments:

Post a Comment