Norman Reedus appears on 'The View': 3 highlights


Norman Reedus, who plays Daryl Dixon on "The Walking Dead," appeared on the ABC show "The View" on Tuesday, Nov. 26, days before the mid-season finale of the hit AMC zombie series.


The 44-year-old actor and his cast mates have just finished filming season 4. "The Walking Dead" is filmed in rural Georgia and on Monday, Reedus shared on hisTwitter page photos of his road trip up to New York, where "The View" studio is located and where he lives.

This marks Reedus' first appearance on "The View," which targets to a female audience (note -- the co-hosts briefly discussed menopause at the start of Tuesday's show). His "Walking Dead" character, who wields a cross bow and rides a motorcycle, is a fan-favorite and the actor has over the past few years risen to fame as a sex symbol as a result of the show's success.

Check out highlights from Norman Reedus' interview on "The View."

1. Even "The View" women can't keep their hands off of Norman Reedus.
Reedus appeared on "The View" in a long-sleeve button-down shirt and dark vest, tie, pants and dress shoes -- a professional, formal look he has sported before at press events for "The Walking Dead" that marks a big contrast from the rugged, sleeveless, hunter attire Dixon wears that's practical for a zombie apocalypse.
"It's so funny because you go around, you know, you are way dressed, 'cause in 'Walking Dead,' it's like, arms showing, all buff ... you kill the zombies with your crossbow, your muscles just flex just right as you rear back ... how much did you have to practice to get proficient with that cross bow?" asked co-host Sherri Sheperd, 46.
"Well, first off, there's a lot of makeup on those arms," Reedus joked.
"No, that's not makeup," Sheperd replied, as she and guest co-host and Univision personality Karla Martinez, 37, touched his left bicep. "That's nice, girl!"
Reedus said the show has a weapon's expert who makes sure actors are comfortable using their character's weapons.

2. Norman Reedus taught Barbara Walters about roadkill.
Reedus is an avid painter, sculptor and photographer, who recently published his own photo book, "The Sun's Coming Up .. Like a Big Bald Head." The actor once had his photographs displayed at an exhibit in New York City's Times Square. Among them -- 30 pictures of roadkill, several of which are featured in the book.
"I heard you didn't know what roadkill was before," he told "The View" co-host and veteran newswoman Barbara Walters, who is 84 and grew up in Massachusetts, New York and Miami.
"I did not and when I found out, I didn't like it," she said. "You explain why I should."
"I had a show in Times Square for photography ... hugh photos and a lot of it was roadkill, but at the time, I was doing a lot of interviews about how the zombies, if they're terrifying or not and I was saying how, the way that ('The Walking Dead' director and special effects master] Greg Nicotero and our team do the zombies, it's not the makeup, it's the scared, lost, dying person behind the monster that's scary," Reedus said.
"So I kept saying that in interviews all the time. But I ride a motorcycle to set and I kept seeing so much roadkill on the ground," he said. So I just started stopping and taking these pictures of roadkill."

3. He recalled a bloody, on-set injury -- and subsequent heroic deed.
Reedus said on "The View" that he's "always" getting hurt while filming "The Walking Dead." One day, he had to be treated at a hospital for a head injury. At the time, he was already covered in fake blood.
"I got hit in the head and had stitches across my head but I was covered in blood," he said. "The ambulance came, took me to the hospital. I come in and they see me and I'm just covered in blood and people start freaking out. They give me the stitches but the interesting part comes on the way home because they brought me back to set, where one of the teamsters drove my car and had me in their car driving back home."
"But we come up over a hill and there's an 18-wheeler on its side. And this lady's in the road and she's going, 'I think he had a heart attack! He's pinned behind the wheels!' So I jumped out of the car I was in, pulled this man, this big, sweaty man, out of a truck, laid him down and then the ambulance came and [a paramedic] said, 'Did I just take you to the hospital?' And I was like, 'No, no, no, it's this guy!'"
Reedus had also spoken about the incident before, including in an interview with Rolling Stone, which was published on Oct. 7.

"Thanks ladies that was fun," Reedus tweeted following his appearance on "The View."

No comments:

Post a Comment